dsaw-program message

Subject: RE: Conference Call Scheduled : ITU - OASIS Public Warning - Programme Planning (27 June-Minutes)

I am resending these minutes as they review speaker contact responsibilities, if this might help. We need to quickly begin plugging some of these folks in.

Thanks,

Dee Schur

Member Support

www.oasis-open.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Dee Schur [mailto:dee.schur@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 10:02 AM
To: 'dsaw-program@lists.oasis-open.org'

Minutes from 27 June meeting:

Attendees:

OASIS: PG, DS, SM

ITU: Richard H.

OASIS website is up., http://www.oasis-open.org/events/ITU-T-OASISWorkshop2006/index.php.

But many outstanding small changes will be made altogether. Remove proposed orgs replace with ‘other international organization.’ When will registration link be ready?

DS is contacting possible demo participants. Will follow-up after website updated.

DS will make a few minor changes to the OASIS website, and then notify the list of the final changes.

DS to publish updated ‘outstanding’ speaker list (see below).  Please see proposed list of speakers below and confirm whether or not I have the correct person assigned to securing that speaker.

DS - I’d like to suggest that if Eliot gets a speaker from public and private that we consider changing the ‘Birds of a Feather’ to another Keynote slot?? Just a thought.

DAY ONE:

09:30 – 11:30

Chair: TBD

Opening Session

Speakers:

  • Keynote speech (Possible speakers: Google Earth (John Hanke) = Eliot
  • Tony Rutkowski from Verisign = Eliot
  • Jack Dangermond, CEO of ESRI = Eliot
  • Admiral Lautenbacher, Head of NOAA= Eliot
  • Jack Hayes (Head of WMO World Weather Watch) = Eliot

16:00 – 17:30

Continuation of Session 1: ICT standards for public warnings

.Topics/Speakers:

  • ITU-T = Simao/Richard
  • TIA/ETSI MESA Project (Possible speaker: David Thompson/TIA) = Simao/Richard
  • ETSI TETRA = Simao/Richard
  • Any others?

DAY TWO:

09:30 – 10:45

Chair: Patricio Bernal (UNESCO/IOC)? / OCHA? / Carol Crosgrove-Sacks (OASIS)?

Session 2: Experiences with public warnings

Objectives: Intergovernmental Organizations will report on their experiences with public warnings, which could be used to better direct future standardization.

Topics/Speakers:

  • UN-ISDR = ?
  • UNESCO/IOC = Eliot
  • WMO = Eliot
  • WHO  = Patrick/Dr. Carol/Eliot
  • UN/OCHA = Eliot/Dr. Carol

14:00 – 15:30

Session 4: Further developments in support of public warnings

Objectives: Identify future developments related to public warning in light of new technologies and standards work.

Topics/Speakers:

  • European Commission (Possible speaker: Guy Weets, Unit Head, DG Information Society) = Richard ?
  • CellAlert (Possible speaker: Mark Wood) = Eliot
  • Verisign (Possible speaker: Tony Rutkowski) = Eliot

OASIS announcement to go out this week; but wait for final OK from Houlin - signed.

Discussed potential Public Warnings:

- Tsunami warning

- Earthquake warning

- Local chemical plant leak warning

RH said that they need any internet requirements at least 2 months before the event (mid Aug.).

Regards,

Dee Schur

Member Support

www.oasis-open.org