dsaw-program message

Subject: FW: Speaker for workshop

Title: ITU Normal.dot

As you will see below, Ken Smith will make the presentation on ITU-T standards work.

Dee: please go ahead and ask Ken to provide his bio, etc. for the web site.

This means that we have to move Bo Bergen’s presentation to a different slot.

Specifically, with respect to the Excel:

Row 21, column B should read:

ITU-T
Speaker: Ken Smith, Verizon

In row 9, column B should read:

           Developments related to the Tampere Convention

           Speaker: Bo Bergner, Swedish Post and Telecom Agency

As Dee suggested, Googlearth could be moved to row 10, and Lautenbacher to row 11.

But then we have to figure out what to do with ESRI.  ERSI is a closely-held (in fact by one person) private company,  They have a near monopoly on GIS (geographic information systems) modeling, software, and data (coordinates, maps, etc.) and I think it is important that we give them a slot, if they agree to come.

Maybe we keep ESRI and delete NOAA/Lautenbacher?  Or we move either ESRI or NOAA elsewhere? Or we shorten the extended break of row 13?

If we take the option of moving NOAA or ESRI, then ESRI could not fit into the “standards” block, because their stuff is proprietary.  But I think that ESRI would fit nicely into the Friday AM session, because they do have a lot of experiences with disasters (for example, after 9/11 ERSI worked overtime to provide data on where infrastructure such as telephone lines was located, so as to route around the damage).  Using one of rows 29-31 for ESRI would make even more sense if we continue to have no confirmed speakers for them.

Thanks and best,

Richard

Richard Hill

Counsellor, ITU-T SG2