dsaw-program message

Subject: Workshop programme

Hello from Geneva,

I would like to add to Richard's message of yesterday. It is a good idea
to have the two UN-OCHA speakers because the other potential speakers
for this session have generally declined. The WHO and the Federation of
the Red Cross have both sent their regrets. We have not had any response
from Mr Birnal.

We still need to agree a Chair for the session on Friday morning,
October 20th. [Please note that I will not be available because I need
to go to a different meeting on behalf of OASIS]

I have received a query from the department concerned with Emergency
Management of the NYIT about the meeting. I have suggested that NYIT
should send a participant, and following discussion with Richard, I have
proposed that if they send someone, then he/she could say a few words
from the floor about the work of the department.

The European Commission, DG Information Society, has agreed to put the
programme for the Workshop on the EU Information Society intra-net. I
hope that it will also get wider exposure.

With best regards,

Dr Carol