dsaw-program message

Subject: FW: Speaker Details for the Workshop and Demonstration of Advances in ICT Standards for Public Warning

;(   If we have any other presenters that have approached you, please let me
know.

Best,
Dee Schur
Member Support
www.oasis-open.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Norrie Keane [mailto:nkeane@ganleygroup.com]
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 6:25 AM
To: 'Dee Schur'
Subject: RE: Speaker Details for the Workshop and Demonstration of Advances
in ICT Standards for Public Warning

Dear Dee,

I am terribly sorry to be the bearer of bad news, however, it is not going
to be possible for Declan to participate at the conference due to a conflict
in his schedule which has just come up.

Basically, to cut a long story short, Declan's company, Rivada Networks, has
entered into a competition to bid for National Digital Radio Communication
Services, and they have been invited to give a presentation early morning of
the 20th of October.  It is a contract that Rivada really wants to win, so
every effort has to be made to try to ensure that happens.  This will
require much time and preparation on Declan's behalf beforehand, and will
involve a number of his staff, therefore, it will not possible for Declan to
be away from the office in the run up to this event.  Given that it is a
government contract that we are bidding for, it is not possible for us to
reschedule this particular meeting either - it's a case of either 'be there
or forget about it'.

Again, apologies for having to deliver this message to you, as I know that
this messes up your agenda, but I am sure you understand how these things
can happen.  If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to drop me a
line.

Kind regards,
Norrie