dsml-comment message

Subject: [dsml-comment] DSMLv2 server identification

Hello,

I had a question regarding how an LDAPv2-capable server would advertise
it's availability or existence to a potential LDAPv2 client?  Using
LDAPv3, there is
a recent DHCP configuration parameter for the network to inform clients
of one
or more LDAP URLs that should be used. What I am looking for is the
first part
of this equation, which is something similar to a URL scheme for the
particular
binding of DSMLv2 over SOAP, as spec'd in section 6 of the 12/18/2001
DSMLv2
document.

I understand that since the particular binding in question uses SOAP,
that it might
be possible to advertise this via UDDI or some other mechanism, but for
my
particular application, this seems like overkill.  Just having the
network indicate
available LDAP/DSMLv2 servers via URL(s) would be easier. I didn't see
any definition
of a particular URL scheme that references the particular DSMLv2 over
SOAP mapping.

Is someone working on a such a definition, or is there another
documented deployment scenario that indicates an alternative?

Thanks!
Randy