Subject: agenda/goals for tomorrow's DSML meeting

As I mentioned in my previous post, we will have our first teleconference
call tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1pm EDT.
Because we haven't formally chartered a technical committee, the call can be
more informal than it will normally be. However, there are some very
specific goals for the call.

I would like to come away from the call ready to charter the technical
committee. This means pinning down some details.

I suggest we begin the meeting with brief introductions then get down to
business. The call will, I'm sad to say, be mostly administrivia this time.

We need to establish:

- A name for the TC
	OASIS DSML 2.0 TC seems to make sense

- Who will be chair of the TC
	We only have one offer so far (yours truly)

- A statement of purpose
	I think there is agreement that the focus of 2.0 should be around
querying and modification. Do we need to say more at this stage?

- A list of deliverables
	We seemed to agree on a requirements document, a specification
(including schemas) and an implementation guide

- A meeting schedule
	The next OASIS meeting is in Montreal next week and we will be
having another informal face-to-face there, but we need to establish when we
will meet once the TC is charted. I suggest rotating US East / US West /
Europe in proportion to participation but we need either meetings or
companies to host and we need to decide how often to meet.

- A teleconference schedule
	Tuesdays 1pm EDT sponsored by Bowstreet.

James