Subject: RE: draft doc word format

Looks great. Here are a couple of questions/comments.

In reference to section "5.2 Search" we say that "An empty LDAP attributes
sequence requests all user attributes, so an empty DSMLv2 attributes string
does the same thing." How are we suggesting that you specify that no
attributes are to be returned. A couple of option are:
 <attributes>""</attributes>
or what I prefer is:
 A missing attributes element will mean return all attributes and an empty
element will   specify that no attributes are to be returned.

In the same section it says that the filter will be expressed using RFC 2255
instead of some complex XML nested filter. I definitely agree with this, but
the SearchRequest example shows  nested XML and the DSMLv2.xsd describes the
filter as nested XML as well. Which is it?

In several places in the document it states that DSMLv2 borrows the DSMLv1
directory-entry encoding, but I see a couple of inconsistencies in the
examples. Sometimes we express the attr as:
and other time it is expressed as:

Also in DSMLv1 the objectclass values are expressed as:
  <dsml:objectclass>
    <dsml:oc-value>top</dsml:oc-value>
    <dsml:oc-value>person</dsml:oc-value>
    <dsml:oc-value>organizationalPerson</dsml:oc-value>
    <dsml:oc-value>inetOrgPerson</dsml:oc-value>
  </dsml:objectclass>

  Thanks,
     Tom