Subject: [dsml] DSML V2 10/17 Meeting Minutes

All,

I am sorry I did not circulate these to the distribution list, but just posted them to the web site. I will send and post the 10/31 minutes later today.

Thanks,
Winston

Title: DSML TC Minutes 2001-10-10

DSML TC Minutes 2001-10-17

James Tauber

Winston Bumpus

Christine Tomlinson

Nigel Jacobs

Jeff Parham

Andy Harjanto

John McGarvey

Rob Weltman

Shon Vella

Agenda:

1)      Protocol and data format

2)      Parallel versus Serial issues

If a batch request has an unordered request than every response

needs a request id or a error should return a “Malformed Request”

3)      Liaison with SAML – Table until next time.

4)      SOAP header and Authentication header

We don’t have any specific DSML SOAP header support.

We need to add some verbiage that says that there are no DSML SOAP headers are defined and remove any discussion on use of SOAP headers.

Andy will also write up some words around Authentication for future implementations beyond SOAP over HTTP.

5)      Bind Operations

a.       What if bind fails during a batch request

Case 1 - Bind is not supported – Return no supported

Case 2 - Bind is supported and parallel processing and a bind request. The bind request should be first in the envelope and if it fails then the rest of the requests fail up to the next bind or end of the envelope whichever happens first.

 Case 3 - If Bind is supported and credentials are valid, one or more request return with in sufficient credentials will perform based on onerror/resume has been set.

There is also handling issue with regarding ordered versus unordered.

Resolved – Christine will add -A batch request has an optional bind at the beginning and is not allowed to be in the middle of a batch request.

6)      If onerror is exit and a response is not received by the time we close the envelope then all request for response is not received then the request is not attempted. Christine will word smith the section.

No call next week as James and Winston are traveling.