Subject: Re: [dsml] "Successfully using the specification"

Darran Rolls wrote:

> Rob
>
> This is taken directly from the OASIS Standards Process
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml  Section 2 (d) states
> this as a requirement.  I do not have any experience to say exactly how
> stringently this is enforced...

  No, it's not taken directly. The OASIS docs say:

* Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations that they
are successfully using the specification

  That can be interpreted in different ways (three implementations, one
implementation shared by three organizations, something less than a full
implementation). I fired off a message to Karl Best to ask for
clarification.

Rob