dss-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: inma@dif.um.es

Name: Inma Marín
Title: IT Consultant
Regarding Specification: DSS Core Committee Draft 3 (DSS Core Elements)

Hello!

   I would like you to suppose a service which, in order to verify a signature that includes a timestamp token as an unsigned attribute, verifies the signature and then, only if the signature is valid, verifies the timestamp token included. Supposing that the timestamp is also valid, the service will return "urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:resultminor:valid:signature:onAllDocuments" as ResultMinor; on the contrary, if the timestamp token is invalid, what will the service return as ResultMinor? Is it necessary to define a new code for this situation?

Could you be so kind as to tell me if the verification of timestamp tokens should be taken into account within the verification of signatures process or it should be considered only as an additional profile, please?

Thank you very much in advance.