dss-dev message

Subject: Re: [dss-dev] Data format guessing of data within Base64Data tag

Hi Stefan,

See below intermixed...

Juan Carlos.
first of all it should be clear, that no direct violation of conformance is notable.

mmm... I am not sure what you mean by that...and what do you think is the actual extent of this assertion...does this mean that any conformance violation is not notable, i.e. does not have big relevance?...
But, the reason for inventing Base64Data was not, to certify, that the content is no XML. The motivation was: How can we tunnel/embed something not being XML inside an xml container for signing purposes? Just imagine an intermediate version of an xml document neither wel-formed not valid.
If it is not well formed then I doubt it could be detected as being XML by any well designed application. I think that any XML parser would throw an exception which should lead to the application to conclude that this is not XML....

Anyway, still I think that the present tense in the sentence that I highlighted has the value of a mandatory requirement...if we have different views, then I feel that it could make sense to ammend it in one sense or the other...however, if we could get more insight of what other implementers' reading, it would be great...
How would you sign this as "your version of thursday, say 1300 CEST :-?

As a server "programmer" I am still curious what might motivate a service to parse something, the spec sees only as data ... ?
not only data...."no XML data"....

All the best,
Stefan.