dss-x-comment message

Subject: Re: ETSI STF 539

Hi Henrik,

> Sure, we can have the discussions on the OASIS DSS/X mailing list in the future. How do we do that?
you can send / reply to dss-x-comment@lists.oasis-open.org , this list
is open for public comments.
> There is no DocuSign representative in our STF. I'm not sure if the VisSig profile will be used so we will have to come back to that later.
I remember the discussions regarding the VisSig profile as quite
lengthy. Due to my opinion we mixed several different requirements into
this profile:

- signature on a PDF (according to ISO 32000)
- visual representation of a PDF signature
- visible signatures (e.g. QR codes)

These three topics deserve to be addressed separately. ISO 32000 lost
its relevance and the 'visual representation' aspect turns out to be
quite tricky and opens the gate to document editing functionality. So I
don't expect someone will start working on the VisSig profile anytime soon.

Greetings,

Andreas