Subject: RE: [dss-x] Suggested addition to DSS Core - Estimate CMS Signature Size

Uri,

Interesting issue.  Could be difficult to predict size 100% as certificate
lengths can change if just about to roll over to a new key.

I am not sure about the added complexity of this function warrants the gain
in efficiency as probably most of the overhead will be in collecting the
information used to build the signature rather than calculating the
signature value itself.  Though I am not totally against this.

One the organisation of such sundry additions to the Core - I would suggest
that this be placed in a profile (either specific to PDF signing or a
general profile for "sundry" optional features.

Nick

Consider the environment before printing this mail.
"Thales e-Security Limited is incorporated in England and Wales with company
registration number 2518805. Its registered office is located at 2 Dashwood
Lang Road, The Bourne Business Park, Addlestone, Nr. Weybridge, Surrey KT15
2NX.
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It may also be
privileged. It is only intended for the stated addressee(s) and access to it
by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee or the
intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other
way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. Such
unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error
please delete it (and all copies) from your system, please also inform us
immediately on +44 (0)1844 201800 or email postmaster@thales-esecurity.com.
Commercial matters detailed or referred to in this e-mail are subject to a
written contract signed for and on behalf of Thales e-Security Limited".