Subject: Re: [dss-x] FW: [dss-dev] ds:Reference @URI attribute

Pope, Nick wrote:
> Any thoughts on this question from Pim?
> Nick

sorry, not yet from me.

I for now analysed the errata from the comments all as applicable and
noted this in uploaded version 0.2 in my issue tracking document (sorry
for the multitude of notification messages, I forgot to uncheck the
relevant box).

Now I will try on this "Issue or Clarification"-Comment from Pim.

If I understand correctly, this starts as a XML DSIG question
(URI-attribute of the <ds:Signature> element included from XML DSIG).

At a first glance, it appears to me like grouped chinese boxes with
typing problems blocking linking in one special case.

Going from bottom to top: In a <SignResponse> there is an attribute
RequestID, which is mandatory, if included in a request (<SignRequest>).
The <InputDocuments> element is required in a <SignRequest> and we
state, that "the" signature is calculated over "the input documents", so
one signature over all input documents in one sign request, so one id
per request per signature.

Could the <SignaturePtr> element of the <SignatureObject> be of help?
With this one we can link signatures to documents or transformed
documents, can't we?

I hope this qualifies as "any thoughts" and as a first shot at a resolution.

All the best,
Stefan.