Subject: [DSS-X] Encryption Profile vs. Protocol

Hi,

Let me point out that the A-SIT proposal for a DSS Encryption Profile (see
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/document.php?document_id=25384),
defines a _new protocol_ with a EncryptRequest and EncryptResponse message.

This is somewhat contradictory to its definition as profile, however, I think
it makes sense to clearly separate signature and encryption functionality. An
implementation of the encryption protocol should not be required to implement
the signing part as well.

Could we put this as discussion item on the agenda for the meeting on monday?

Thanks,
Clemens
--
Clemens Orthacker  A-SIT, Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria