Subject: ACTION#39: Former OASIS DSS discussions on reporting verificationdetails and profiles in dss-x

Dear all,

I have gone through the dss core document section
4.5.5 Optional Input <ReturnProcessingDetails> and Output
<ProcessingDetails>

This section defines an optional input element and its corresponding
optional output element that the server returns in response.

I now recall that these elements were included after it was suggested
that in some cases some client could ask for more details on the process
followed by the server in the signature verification, i.e., what
criptographic material the server had used, what status had that
criptographic material etc.

Looking at the structure of <ProcessingDetails> I think that the profile
having the functionality Detlef mentioned in his previous mail should
make usage of the DetailType element indicated below. DetailType has an
any element that actually could acommodate the details that Detlef shown
in the schema that he circulated...it would be a matter of working on
that schema and ProcessingDetails and DetailType elements for making
them work together.

As for the individual Report profile, if we decide to keep it separated
from the processing details profile, it could also fit well with these
ProcessingDetails...

A VerifyResponse message generated after verifying several signatures
and giving processing details on every signature could contain several
individual reports with ProcessingDetails within each, like this one:

<SignatureVerificationReport>
    //maybe summary result of the verification of the signature
    // some identification of the signature reported
    <dss:ProcesingDetails>

       <dss:ValidDetail Type=".....">

          //Here we could add any information appearing on xsd by Detlef
referring to the specific material
          //that may not be reported through the Type attribute and the
Code element of DetailType...

       <dss:ValidDetail>

    </dss:ProcessingDetails>
</SignatureVerificationReport>

The work left would be to go through the xsd schema by Detlef and check
what are the missing pieces that Type attribute and Code element do not
incorporate to the report.

Regards

Juan Carlos.