Subject: RE: [dss-x] Your views on Signed Verification Response profile requirements document

Dear Andreas,

About this use case you suggested: sometime ago we defined a SAML assertion ("SignatureStatement") which includes new elements used in support of signature federations. Using these elements, the SAML asserting authority grants a relying party that a valid signature has been produced for a concrete purpose in a concrete jurisdiction, and proper evidence has been produced and is archived.

Please, find attached the document describing this "SAML Signature Statement".

Do you think it could be interesting to define a new "SignatureStatment" DSS profile? We think so...

Best regards,
Marta

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Andreas Kuehne [mailto:kuehne@trustable.de]
Enviado el: domingo, 11 de noviembre de 2007 17:29
Para: Huehnlein, Detlef
CC: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi  Detlef,

> In a typical DSS-scenario (at least as I understood DSS so far) the
> client will (at the moment he uses DSS) not be able to generate or
> verify (the required type of) signatures, because otherwise he would
> not use DSS at all.

I can think of an additional usecase :
The client knows how to verify a very limited set of signatures, bur
needs to proof a certain signature outside its scope. So the client uses
a trusted DSS verification server to do the verification. E. g. it's
quite a hassle to be sure about the legal valie of a foreign signature
even within the EU. So a verification service with proven authentity of
the result seem useful to me.

Greetings

Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97