Subject: 'Re: [dss-x] Your views on Signed Verification Response profile requirements document

Hi Marta,

that' s a very interesting approach ! As you might know that the 'German
Sig Profile' is targeting in the same direction :
Make a statement about the legal value of a signature / create a
statement following a specific legal policy.

The major problem I see is the enumeration of all legal variants ( even
if we restrict ourselves to the EU ) . Giving just a
two-letter-country-code won't be sufficient.

If you ( or anyone else ) sees a possibility to somehow progress in that
direction I'll be with you ...

Greetings

Andreas

----- Original Message ----
From: Marta Cruellas <mcruellas@catcert.net>
To: Andreas Kuehne <kuehne@trustable.de>
Cc: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 4:48:55 PM
Subject: RE: [dss-x] Your views on Signed Verification Response profile
requirements document

Dear Andreas,

About this use case you suggested: sometime ago we defined a SAML
assertion ("SignatureStatement") which includes new elements used in
support
of signature federations. Using these elements, the SAML asserting
authority grants a relying party that a valid signature has been
produced
for a concrete purpose in a concrete jurisdiction, and proper evidence
has been produced and is archived.

Please, find attached the document describing this "SAML Signature
Statement".

Do you think it could be interesting to define a new
"SignatureStatment" DSS profile? We think so...

Best regards,
Marta