Subject: Re: [dss-x] Outline of verification report profile

Thank you Detlef,

I have not had time to go through the whole schema, but  I would like to
mention just one issue: the identification of the signature on which a
validation report is produced.

My general view is that the mechanisms used in the <dss:SignRequest> for
pointing to a certain signature depend on the SignatureRequest
structure. I will go through the different mechanisms mentioned by
Konrad in the last conf call:

SignaturePtr has the whichDocument that is a IDREF pointing to a
document within the SignRequest...this woudl imply to have to use the
SignRequest structure for identifying the signature....

SignaturePlacement: uses the SignaturePtr as above.

ReferenceXPath is used in an element dealing with Verification of Maifest

My personal feeling is that we could provide a mechanism identifying the
signature not linked to the SignRequest structure of the message...or at
least two choices: one relaying on the SignRequest (SignaturePtr) AND
something not linked to that.

This second mechanism could include data that actually could serve to
identify the signature:

Certificate identifier of the Signer
the signature value
....maybe other additional data (digest of objects in ds:Refernce for
ds:Signature?)

This structure would allow to keep a one-to-one relationship between the
signature or the signed document with the report even whent the client
has lost the SignRequest structure....

Regards

Juan Carlos.