Subject: Re: [dss-x] RE: Some more thoughts concerning the legal aspects

Hello all,

Until the end of 2007 the Austrian so-called "Verwaltungssignatur" (based on
certificates which basically have less strict requirements for the issuing
CAs) could be used equivalently to a qualified signature (under specific
circumstances).
Based on this Verwaltungssignatur, Mobilkom Austria (an Austrian telecom
provider) provided a server based signature using out-of-band authentication
via one-time codes sent to registered cell phones. Due to economic reasons,
however, Mobilkom Austria did not pursue the certification of this solution
for qualified signatures.
In Austria this is still a topic worth discussion.

Clemens