Subject: Visual Signatures profile

Hi,

I went over the material of documents and meetings notes related to
Visual Signatures. As I understand the status is as follows:
- Uri and Konrad wrote two separate requirements documents.
- Uri's document is more focused in managing visual signatures, while in
Konrad's document is more focused on the way this signatures are
displayed.
- There were some comments on both documents, but the key debate here is

  whether to have two separated profiles.

My comments at this point are as follows:
- In my opinion, I do not see a firm reason to separate the profiles. I
see these two documents combined together to a single profile, which
should be more extended since you can think of additional of information
that can be displayed inside a visual signature.
Indeed, there are some issues such as presenting as digital signature
"string" inside the visual signature and its problem with PDF documents,
but there may be other limitations that will be raised. In this case you
can reject displaying a signature in a PDF file, but allow it in another
type of file.
- As Uri mentioned in the requirements document, there is a list of
operation that are not related to a signature operation: create a visual
signature field, clear a field, remove a field, enumerate fields, ... As
I see it such operations should be accessed through a different method
than the Sign Operation. Also, it may that these types of operations may
require different access permissions. Is it possible to define new
operations within the DSS scope?

May I suggest discussing the issue of separating the profiles in next
tele-conference?
Is there any issue I am missing in the above understanding of the
status?

Thanks,
Ezer