Subject: Re: AW: [dss-x] Groups - Signature Policy Profile of the OASIS DigitalSignature Services (oasis-dssx-1.0-profiles-sigpolicy-wd.doc) uploaded

Hi Detlef,

Thank you for your email and sorry for not having reacted before.

I would agree with you in general.
I have one comment to your schema:

ORIGINAL: <element name="SignatureIdentifier"
type="vr:SignatureIdentifierType" />

PROPOSAL: <element name="SignatureIdentifier"
type="vr:SignatureIdentifierType" minOccurs="0"/>

If this is the case then I would establish the following rules:

0. General principle: if the signature itself has a Signature Policy
Identifier (as in XAdES or CAdES) then the server verifies that
signature with this policy.

1. If the verify request has includes an indication of a Signature
Policy but not linked to any Signature (ie, only one IndividualPolicy
but no SignatureIdentifier, then this is used by default for any
signature without signature policy indication. But 0 applies for the
rest of signatures.

2. If there is any pair of
SignaturePolicyIdentifier-SignatureIdentifier, then the server uses the
policy identified in the request. But if the signature itself has a
signaturepolicy identifier different, then 0. applies again and the
server notifies this fact to the client.

What do you think?

Regards

Juan Carlos.