Subject: RE: [dss-x] Verification Reports for Visual Signatures

Hello Detlef,

Yes, we thought of that too.  Problem is that location in PDF is usually
just the name of city, but as it is a free field users can put other things
in it, including combinations of other elements (e.g. something like "Bonn,
Germany" or "Boston, MA"), where we would have the problem of converting
from unstructured to structured address.   So I think we should change the
type to be a choice of the structured representation you quote below and a
basic string type.

Kind regards,

Pim

-----Original Message-----
From: Huehnlein, Detlef [mailto:Detlef.Huehnlein@secunet.com]
Sent: 08 July 2008 08:53
To: Pim van der Eijk
Cc: Ezer@arx.com; dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Pim,

the SignatureProductionPlace-element is defined as follows:

<xsd:element name="SignatureProductionPlace"
type="SignatureProductionPlaceType"/>

<xsd:complexType name="SignatureProductionPlaceType">
  <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element name="City" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0"/>
    <xsd:element name="StateOrProvince" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0"/>
    <xsd:element name="PostalCode" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0"/>
    <xsd:element name="CountryName" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0"/>
   </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

As long as there are no other conventions about the internal structure of
the Location-element in PDF, which allow to fill the more complex structure,
it might just be possible to map the Location-element to the City-element.

What do you think about this possibility?

BR,
  Detlef