Subject: Groups - Presentation "An Archiving Profile for OASIS DSS" (2008-10-03-An Archiving Profile for OASIS DSS.pdf) uploaded

I would like to reserve a few minutes in our F2F-meeging to discuss,
whether it could make sense to think about creating "An Archiving Profile
for OASIS DSS" and how such a profile might look like.

 -- Detlef Huehnlein

The document named Presentation "An Archiving Profile for OASIS DSS"
(2008-10-03-An Archiving Profile for OASIS DSS.pdf) has been submitted by
Detlef Huehnlein to the OASIS Digital Signature Services eXtended (DSS-X)
TC document repository.

Document Description:
It is well known that cryptographic algorithms may become weak due to
increased computational power or improved algorithms
Hence the conclusiveness of digital signatures may decrease over time
 at least if one does not apply appropriate counter-measures such as
- Archive Time-Stamps according to XAdES / CAdES
- Evidence Records according to RFC 4998
Some EU-member-states have explicit legal stipulations for long-term
archiving of qualified electronic signatures (e.g.  17 SigV in Germany)

=> It is an obvious approach to use DSS for long term archiving of
signatures and signed data

Using this presentation I would like to discuss briefly, whether it could
make sense to think about creating "An Archiving Profile for OASIS
DSS" and how such a profile might look like.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=29543

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/29543/2008-10-03-An%20Archiving%20Profile%20for%20OASIS%20DSS.pdf