Subject: Re: [dss-x] Visible Signature Profile

Ezer, Pim and the rest,

Below I enclose some comments on your discussions (those that I do not
mention here, I agree with you) and new comments on my side...

Juan Carlos.

> -  There is a relation with the multiple verification report profile:
> when verifying e.g. a PDF document, the verify response should list the
> validity report of signatures that includes field names (as they
> typically express user roles).
>
> EZER – You are right. And the question is raised again to whether a
> signature field terminology will be defined in the Visual Signature
> profile? Both profiles?

So, the issue is whether the multiple signature profile should allow to
introduce this "field mechanism" for identifying the reported
signature...let us discuss this...

Now my comments:

1.
SECTION: 2. Overview
LINE(S): 33-34
TEXT:
"The signature verification service should be able to validate some of
the displayed information as part of the signature verification operation."
COMMENT:
Maybe it should be clarified what validation of some of the displayed
information does mean. I would assume that this is the same as the
verification as part of the signature verification if the displayed info
is included in the signature...am I right?

2.
SECTION: 2. Overview
LINE(S): 123-125
TEXT:
"The visual signature profile does not include signature field
management operations such as signature field creation operation or
clearing a signature field operation. These operations will be defined
in another profile."
COMMENT:
The last sentence seems to indicate a commitment by the TC....
PROPOSAL:
"These operations might be defined in another profile"

3.
SECTION: 2.2.1.2.1.1
LINE(S): 188
TEXT:
<xs:element name=”DocumentID” type=xs:ID” use=”optional”/>
COMMENT:
So, the intentiono of  this element is to refer to the document that
contains a ID attribute value equal to the value of this element?. Maybe
this should be clarified in the explanatory text of the element

4.
SECTION:
LINE(S):
TEXT:189
<xs:element ref=”FieldName” type=xs:ID” use=”optional”/>
COMMENT:
The profile does not give any indication on the syntax to be used for
identifying a Field. If this is dependent on the document, I would be in
favour in making it clear in the text. Additionaly, is there any reason
why it is better for this field to be an ID and not a string?.

5.
SECTION: 2.2.1.2.1.1.3
LINE(S): 215 to 232
TEXT:
Specification of VisualSIgnaturePosition element
COMMENT:
Maybe is a stupid question but is there not the unit of the coordinates
missing?...if there is a certain default assumption on this, should not
this be in the text?

6.
SECTION: 2.2.1.2.1.1.4 Optional Input <VisualSignatureDisplayConfig>
LINE(S): 235-236 and 237
TEXT:
"This optional input will define the display configuration of the visual
signature. This element will direct the signature service on how to
display the visual signature."
COMMENT:
Would suggest to rephrase these sentences: my understanding is that the
dss server does not display the visual signature, it only generates
information of the visual signature in the signing operation.

7.
SECTION: 2.3.1 Element <dss:VerifyRequest>
LINE(S): 348 to 349
TEXT:
"The input document may contain signed and unsigned fields within the
given document. Each signed field may also have a visual signature."
COMMENT:
Are you actually meaning “signed field” or “signature field” in the last
sentence?

8.
SECTION: 2.3.1 Element <dss:VerifyRequest>
LINE(S): 350 to 351
TEXT:
"If a general verification request is sent to the verification service,
the verification service should reply with the signature status of all
signature fields, including unsigned fields."
COMMENT:
I do not understand the final part of the sentence “,including unsigned
fields”.