Subject: Re: [dss-x] State of the J2SE profile

Hi,

Am 01.02.10 13:31, Andreas Kuehne wrote:
> ... the review comment from Juan Carlos raised an interesting topic :
> He asked why the functionality of verification is explicitly excluded
> from the [J2SE] profile.
>
> My first quick response was that 'verification is not needed in the
> profile because the profile targets for jar signatures that will be
> verified by the java runtime'.

> But my second thought is 'why prohibit a functionality that may be
> useful in some scenarios ( non-public code certificates ) ?'
>
> What's the opinion of this group ?

 From my point of view this depends on both:
	Usage and feasibility.
Will the expected additional volume of the spec be proportional to be
tolerated by those, not needing the feature ?

If it is just a parameter/switch, triggering:
	With this input (SignalVerification)
	you will receive that output,
		even, if only using non-public code certificates,
then I am in favour of inclusion of this ability,
else I am open for discussions.

All the Best,
Stefan.