Subject: RE: [dss-x] Back from holidays and some news

Hi Andreas,

Nice to read you again :-)

Just some words about "@firma":
@firma is a multiple PKI Validation Authority offering validation services for qualified certificates and also verification of digital signatures to third relying parties, mainly eGovernment applications.
The Ministry of Presidency of Spain (which handles part of the competences recently transferred from the former Ministry of Public Administrations), in order to promote eGovernment and encourage the use of the new citizen's Electronic Identity Card, launched in 2006 the multiple PKI Validation Platform @firma that provides free Electronic Identity and eSignature Services to eGovernment applications of Spain. More info ( in english :-) about @firma at: http://www.epractice.eu/en/cases/afirma

When it was launched @firma implemented a proprietary protocol. The good new is that the new version implements OASIS DSS, which makes easier to other public validation services - like the one offered by CATCert to the eGovernment applications of Catalunya - to integrate/federate.

Best regards,
Marta

-----Missatge original-----
De: kuehne@trustable.de [mailto:kuehne@trustable.de]
Enviat: martes, 07 de septiembre de 2010 21:39
Per a: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org
Tema: Re: [dss-x] Back from holidays and some news

Hi Juan Carlos,

welcome back from the holidays. Here in Germany we are waiting for six weeks now for the summer to return, I can still feel a lack of sunhine and beach.

Anyway, can you please give a short explanation of your interesting link ? Or is an english version around ? It's hard for me guess from the spanish article what this system is all about.

Greeitngs

Andreas