Subject: RE: RE: [dss-x] Fwd: Presentation client and server signature

Andreas,

What I was saying is that ebMS 3.0 in Pull mode offers
exactly this "inverted" model.  The DSS server would pull
messages as an HTTP client (initiator+receiver) from a DSS
client that is the HTTP server (sender+responder). The
requests are pulled using a standardized pre-defined pull
signal message.

In the ebMS 3.0 Part 1 Core that the DSS ebXML profile
references, a pull request pulls a single "UserMessage", and
multiple such user messages are polled by repeated polling.
If there is nothing to pull, there is a standardized
response indicating this. Section 5.2.4 of the Core also
describes a way of combining a UserMessage push and Pull
request, which you want here.  The only limit is that the
Part 1 Core bundling is limited to a single user message per
bundle. The ebMS 3.0 Part 2 defines a "bundling" feature to
pull or push a set of user messages. That makes it
equivalent to what you describe, and that is what I wanted
to point out.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/part2/201004/

If your WSDL operation definition is about responses that
are responses to requests made in a previous invocation of
the operation, and about requests that are new requests, the
are stretching the semantics of "operation".  But as long as
everybody understands what you're doing, why not.  It's
possible to define custom polling, bundling, asynchronous
processing protocols for DSS as for any other application.

Pim