Subject: AW: [dss-x] Question on individual verification report

Hallo Juan Carlos,

thanks for your mail. As far as I understand the problem, it is not
a real issue, because if a verification report segment for a specific
certificate would appear a second time it could of course be
omitted by dropping the corresponding PathValidityDetail-element.
I think that this approach (including the PathValiditySummary and
CertificateIdentifier, but dropping the PathValidtyDetail) would be
preferable from an evidence/audit point of view compared to the
option to drop the entire CertificatePathValidity-element.

Nevertheless we may discuss, whether we should in addition provide some sort
of IDRef, which unambigiously points to the corresponding
PathValidityDetail-element
of the first occurance.

What do you think?

BR,
 Detlef

PathValidityDetail. This
> one contains several CertificateValidity children. Each
CertificateValidity
> element contains a Certificate Status, and this one may contain
> RevocationInfo (optional).
>
> Well, imagine that the status of all the certificates is checked using
CRL, this