Subject: Response to Question 1. Re: [dss-x] Feedback on the use of the DSS visible signature profile

Dear Ernst Jan,

here now a first real feedback from my side trying to address your first issue and some suggestions as response from me.

Since these input/output containers structures in Section 2.7 of the core are optional from the point of view of the core itself, I would expect some kind of <xs:all> ... </xs:all> as skeleton container for the validation of the **required** profile specific content inside the OptionalInputs / OptionalOutputs **if sequence does not** matter, but the presence **does**.

In other profiles I skimmed through <sequence></sequence> constructs have been used in the profiles defining xsds (I presume this is what you meant with "Usually, an XSD defines elements in a particular order" in your comment below.

I do not know if implementers would be assisted substantially by the core ammending the requirement, that if two elements or more MAY be contained inside these containers these MUST obey a certain ordering relation based on the element names in utf-8 ("alphabetically").

What do the *real* implementers think?

All the best,
Stefan.