Subject: Re: [dss-x] Which XSD version to use for the "Comprehensive Multi-Signature Verification Reports" profile?

A wonderful european morning to everyone,

my tool of choice (oxygen) has a problem with https located schemas, that is why the oasis admin triggered moved permanently HTTP/301 makes a difference I guess, since if I add the "s" it still (after clearing the validation cache) notes, that "failed to read schema document".

The main problem (I remember now!) is, that our DSS lives long enough to participate in the dependency version nightmare of xml schema import assemblage ;-)

SAML did update to v2.0 long ago and they do not offer v1.1 at the normal access /namespace point below
	http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/

I think we should not poison our schemas with these dangling intermediaries like http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3408/* since persistence in OASIS rules is more meant as a contract to society not to machines, like one experiences in this case.

The main point (unresolved in the past) seems to be, that we do not know nor decided if we could skip the version 1 reference.

I know, that we had problems tracing "moved/changed" names in SAML v1->2 in the past, but this should IMO be accomplished.

The fear, that existing users/"customers" still rely on SAML v1, SHOULD we ignore it, and go forward?

What do you think? We already have the SAML v2 ref in there ...

All the best,
Stefan.