Subject: Re: [dss-x] Regarding DSS core schema

Sorry for jumping a bit late in the thread...two remarks:

1. Regarding the cardinality, it is true that beign an attribute its cardinality can only be one...but the core defines the common optinal input (for both the sign and the verify protocols) AdditionalProfile, which makes it possible to build up requests/responses that are conformant to more than one profile.

2. Regarding the mandatory/optional, I think that the issue is a bit more confussing if we look clause 3.2 <SignResponse>... in this clause the Profile attribute inherited from ResponseBaseType, appears as [Optional]....so there is inconsistency between the derived type and its supertype...not in the xml schema (and this should be the reason why Andrea got that error result) but at the level of the textual specification....By the way, other than this [Required] versus [Optional], the rest of the text devoted to this attribute is the same in both 2.10 and 3.2.....
Regards

Juan Carlos.