Subject: Re: [dss-x] Question regarding our good old DSS test vectors

El 25/02/13 16:51, Andreas Kuehne escribió:
This 'detached and well known' mode makes it difficult to verify the
signature. So I would propose to modify the SR-X-DET-* test cases to
refer to a public document. Some test cases with an embedded document in
different encoding styles would be dropped, but this part is still under
test in the SR-X-ENV-* section.
Agreed. May I also suggest that the public document is actually a publicly accessible document?

For the same reason I would like suppress cryptographic verification of
detached CMS signatures.
OK, agreed.
2.
I guess this is the same problem as under 1. . Refer to an addressable
document or drop verification of the test case ...

I would say that this makes that the initially envisaged set of test cases that deal with the <SignaturePlacement> breaks in two subsets:
1. In the first one, the signatures are enveloped.
2. In the second one, the signature is placed within the document passed to the server, BUT actually signs only a part of the document, so that the signature is not actually enveloped by the signed data, but it is a detached signature from the signed data object which occurs to be also part of the document where the signature is placed. In this case, the document, the signed data object, the RefUri and the rest of input parameters to the server should carefully be selected....

Regards

Juan Carlos.
Juan Carlos.
Greetings,