Subject: INitial comments to Andrea's document on DSS Quickstart guide

Hi Andreas,

I have had the chance to take a look to your document. I think it is pretty good and worthwhile to produce!...I have somecomments:

1. In terms of the structure, I like the idea of starting with CMS generation request. As you say, it is simpler than XML Sig...but then, I would propose that clause 2 is the clause where you show how a client would request the validation of a CMS signature. This would have two advantages in my opinion: it would close the circle (readers could see how DSS actually serves to both purposes), and it would certainly show that for CMS things are pretty stratightforward.

2. In terms of XML, what about also starting with a very very basic example covering both the generation (documenthash, almost anything else, dettached XML sig) and validation requests. Then the document could incrementally increase the complexity of the requests for covering other ways of transmitting the tobesigned documents, the reqeusts of enveloping signatures and the requests for enveloped signatures, and even the requests of a signature on multiple documents or even different parts of the same document...

3. Going deep in the details, I would say that the sentence below is not complete:
"The
resultminor:valid:signature:OnAllDocuments constant ensures that all documents (even if there is just a hash of a single document, as we supplied it with our sample request)."

Note that the "ensures that all documents" part does not have a conclusion

Regards

Juan Carlos.