Subject: Re: [dss-x] On PAdES profile

Hi Juan Carlos,

> [...]
> In the view of that, I would say that at this point in time I would be
> lightly inclined to generate a new document fully dedicated to PAdES
> generation and validation protocols, which, on one side would be a
> concrete instantiation of the AdES (further constraining some URIs
> etc.) and on the other would incorporate the visible signature
> profile....

the PDF format has ever been a happy hodgepodge of completely different
concerns. We did suffer from this problem once with the visible
signature profile. And we ended up with a PDF-focused profile with a
irritatingly generic name ...
With PAdES I don't think we will do any better. So let's create a
specific profile and don't try to horseshoe it into the AdES profile.

Greetings,

Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97
mailto: kuehne@trustable.de

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Ströverstr. 18 - 59427 Unna Amtsgericht Hamm HRB 5868

Directors Andreas Kühne, Heiko Veit

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales