Subject: Important: TSPs for generating and validating signatures Steering Group. OASIS DSS-X observer

Dear all,

I have been speaking with Sonia Compans, the Technical Officer of the ESI TC regarding the rules that govern the membership of the Steering Group that ESI has created for the activities related to TSPs for generation and validation of signatures. At present, only the STF-524 is actually alive and it is dealing with TSPs for validating signatures.

According to the STF web pages, the Steering Group goal is " to assist the Chairman in the management of the STF and to ensure a better liaison with the Member delegates, in-between TB/WG plenary meetings", and as such I expect that what is commented and somehow decided there will have a clear impact on the STF work.

According to Sonia, one member of the OASIS- DSS-X TC, previously selected by the TC, can attend both the ESI plenaries and the Steering Group aforementioned.

I have seen in the notes of the last meeting that Andreas has been selected as observer by the TC.

The first meeting of the Steering Group will take place Thursday 16th February (in two days time) starting at 14:00 CET. Sorry for the late notification but I have got the confirmation that the observer could attend this meeting few minutes ago.

The next ESI plenary meeting is scheduled to take place in Barcelona from 14th March to 16th March, both inclusive.

May I suggest the following?

1. Andreas confirms whether he will be able to attend the Steering group meeting aforementioned.

2. If so, I will send an email to Sonia introducing him, and requesting that he is registered to the meeting (he can not make it by himself as he does not have an ETSI account).

3. Andreas confirms whether he will be able to attend partly or completely the ESI plenary in Barcelona. I could get information on the scheduled slot for the discussions on the STF-524.

4. If so, I will send him a logistic package that is available for ESI members, where he will find out information on accomodations, maps of the meeting place, etc.

Best regards

Juan Carlos.