Subject: Re: [dss-x] Extension mechanism without the use of xs:any in the core

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your message.... see below intermixed

Best regards

Juan Carlos
El 14/2/17 a las 21:16, Andreas Kuehne escribió:

My approach to build a specific schema based on the DSS core is to import the profile schema and namespaces.

I guess that you mean to import *all* the xsd files defined for the profiles within the core using xsd:import?

Then insert the relevant elements in the OptionalInputs and OptionalOutputs. This is done by a XSLT stylesheet taking parameters regarding profile schemes to be included.

Do you mean using external XSLT files so that the suitable elements are incorporated within the OptionalInputs and OptionalOutputs?

I guess that a client then should select what profiles would like to implement in addition to the core, select the suitable XSLT transformation(s), which could be publicly available, and obtain a tailored xsd resulting file. The server then should take a look to the list of identifiers in the profiles, likely select the same set of XSLT Transformation(s), get the same xsd resulting file and validate the xml messages from the client against that xsd? is that the way in which you think that the whole system would work?

Using the created schema to generate the specific Java / SOAP binding brings type safety and ready-made marshalling. Publishing the specific schema with the WSDL of the server enables the clients to make valid calls.

With our limited set of profiles I would provide a stylesheet to create specific schemes depending on the set of supported profiles.

Greetings,

Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97
mailto: kuehne@trustable.de

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Gartenheimstr. 39C - 30659 Hannover Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 212612

Director Andreas Kühne

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales