Subject: Raw minutes from chat meeting #176 on 2017-FEB-20

[13:31] Room information was updated by: Stefan Hagen
OASIS Digital Signature Services eXtended (DSS-X) TC Weekly Meeting (Conference Call) #176
- Monday, 20 February 2017, 12:00 to 13:00 ET (UTC-5)
  - i.e. 2017-02-20 18:00 to 19:00 CET (UTC+1)
  - other timezone? Try eg.:
    - https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2017&month=2&day=20&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=47&p2=69&p3=179

Meeting Member URL:
- URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/event.php?event_id=43691
  - Please use starting approx. 15 minutes before the meeting for self registration. Thanks.
  - Self registration deep link (as a service):
    - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/record_my_attendance.php?event_id=43691&confirmed=1

Agenda-Draft E-Mail URL:
- E-Mail Public URL = https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201702/msg00044.html

Minutes Draft Public URL (previous meeting):
- URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60077/dssx-175-draft-minutes-shagen-20170206.txt

Online document walkthroughs or presentations:
- URL = "Upon request via join.me"

Timeline:
- URL = "Ad Hoc "

Agenda Draft (for meeting #160):
- Roll call
- Approve agenda
- Approve minutes from previous meeting(s)
  - Minutes from Februray 06, 2017 TC meeting #175:
    - URL https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60077/dssx-175-draft-minutes-shagen-20170206.txt
- Reports from ETSI ESI STF-524 meetings
- Core and Profile Maintenance
  - Local Signature Profile
  - Profile for Comprehensive Multi-Signature Verification Reports
  - Core
    - Open Action Items from Previous Call(s)
    - Core Issues in state New or Open (added since last meeting)
      - DSSX-10 |
          Difference between PDF and XSD with respect to cardinality
          of ChainingOK within CertificateValidityType
      - Discussion
  - New Profile Candidates
    - PAdES
    - Server Site Profile for JEE Code Signing
- Next meeting
  - Monday March 06, 2017 during 18:00 - 19:00 CET? (2017-03-06 17:00 to 18:00 UTC) ?
- AOB and wrap up

UsefulPlaces:
- Chat:
  - http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/dss-x   # ... this place
- ScreenShare and Voice:
  - skype (or as fallback upon request join.me)

Next Planned meeting (tentative):
- Monday March 06, 2017 during 18:00 - 19:00 CET? (2017-03-06 17:00 to 18:00 UTC) ?
  - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/event.php?event_id=43692

Interesting URLs to cite during meeting
- Motion by Ernst Jan (per email):
  - Public URL = https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201702/msg00018.html
- "Another streamlining approach to the core" started and summarized by Andreas (per email):
  - Public URL = https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201702/msg00040.html
- Hint from Pim on EU Multistakeholder Platform (MSP) on ICT Standardisation
  - URL = https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/european-multi-stakeholder-platform-ict-standardisation
[13:31] Stefan Hagen: Meeting will start at 18:00 CET ...
[18:01] anonymous1 morphed into ernst jan
[18:04] anonymous morphed into Ezer
[18:04] Ezer: Hi
[18:04] Ezer: Is the meeting handled via Skype?
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: Yes
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: Voting Members: 5 of 6 (83%) (used for quorum calculation)
[18:06] Ezer: Hi Stefan
[18:07] Ezer: Thanks
[18:08] Stefan Hagen: Voting Members: 5 of 6 (83%) (used for quorum calculation)
[18:09] Stefan Hagen: Approve agenda
[18:09] Stefan Hagen: Approved unchanged as published
[18:10] Stefan Hagen: Approve minutes from previous meeting(s)
  - Minutes from Februray 06, 2017 TC meeting #175:
    - URL https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60077/dssx-175-draft-minutes-shagen-20170206.txt
[18:10] Stefan Hagen: Minutes approved unchanged as published
[18:10] Stefan Hagen: Reports from ETSI ESI STF-524 meetings
[18:16] Stefan Hagen: # ----------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+---------------
RollCallResults (as noted on events page):
# ----------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+---------------
Company                                         | Name                          | Role
# ----------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+---------------
Departamento de Arquitectura de Computado...    | Juan Cruellas                 | Chair
DocuSign, Inc.                                  | Ezer Farhi                    | Member
Individual                                      | Stefan Hagen                  | Chair
Individual                                      | Detlef Huehnlein              | Voting Member
Individual                                      | Andreas Kuehne                | Voting Member
Sonnenglanz Consulting                          | Ernst Jan van Nigtevecht      | Voting Member
# ----------------------------------------------+-------------------------------+---------------
[18:21] anonymous: JC reports on the meeting of the ETSI Steering group
[18:21] anonymous: DH: I took a look to the CSC specification. It seems to me that it is quite complementary to what we have in DSS.
[18:21] anonymous: t mainly focuses on remote signature servers providers. There is not too much of overlap
[18:22] anonymous: It seems to deal more with authentication
[18:22] anonymous: AK: I do not think that authentication and authorization should be part of DSS protocols
[18:22] anonymous: I think that this is orthogonal with the currently DSS protocol
[18:22] anonymous morphed into Juan Carlos
[18:23] Stefan Hagen: @JuanCarlos: Please use the "Settings" menu item to change your name from anonymous to ...
[18:23] Stefan Hagen: Thanks
[18:23] Juan Carlos: DH: but these things are needed for a service
[18:29] Juan Carlos: JC: Future trust is going to be based on DSS?
[18:29] Juan Carlos: DH: yes...
[18:30] Juan Carlos: DH: it would be good to synchronize with CSC for having only one standard
[18:30] Juan Carlos: EF: I am part of the CEN workgroup.
[18:31] Juan Carlos: EF: there has been progress on the remote signing server
[18:31] Juan Carlos: EF: there are three documents in the process of approval. Two of them are Protection Profiles, and the other is on requirements for systems for remote signing
[18:31] Juan Carlos: EF: they should be approved by CEN in the next months
[18:32] Juan Carlos: EF: in terms of what DH says about ortogonality, I find it a bit confusing
[18:33] Juan Carlos: EF: I am not familiar with CSC protocols, but I see problems in finding out what is the proper protocol to use by implementers
[18:34] Stefan Hagen: Acronyms used for participants in minuting: AK, EF, DH, EJvN, JCC, and SH (as mapped from given and family names first letters).
[18:34] Juan Carlos: DH: it would be worth to establish contact with CSC and see if we can work with them
[18:35] Juan Carlos: DH: As soon as the work with JSON on the core is stable enough, we could provide something to the ETSI STF and to the CSC
[18:41] Stefan Hagen: getting kicked out of the telco (Skype) all the time ... coming back in again, and again =(
[18:45] Stefan Hagen: - Core and Profile Maintenance
[18:45] Juan Carlos: 7. Core and Profile Maintenance

7.1 Local Signature Profile
Current status of publication and public review request:
URL=https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-2533
[18:46] Juan Carlos: EJ: four members have voted, and consequently I think that we can proceed with the transitoin from WDraft to CSpecification
[18:46] ernst jan: Approvals:
Andreas Kuehne               Wed, 15 Feb 2017 17:03:26 +0100, https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201702/msg00029.html
Juan Carlos Cruellas         Wed, 15 Feb 2017 10:43:48 +0100, https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201702/msg00024.html
Detlef Hhnlein              Wed, 15 Feb 2017 17:18:24 +0100, https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201702/msg00030.html
Stefan Hagen                 Tue, 14 Feb 2017 22:42:19 -0800 (PST), https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201702/msg00045.html
                             20 Feb 2017 04:24:53 -0800 (PST), https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201702/msg00045.html
[18:47] Juan Carlos: EJ: This does not include material changes
[18:47] Stefan Hagen: Motion carries
[18:48] Stefan Hagen: - Motion by Ernst Jan (per email):
  - Public URL = https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201702/msg00018.html
[18:48] Juan Carlos: DH: did you have some time to take a look to Chipgateway spec?
[18:48] Juan Carlos: DH: what would be the next steps for next generation of local signature profile?
[18:49] Juan Carlos: EJ: did not have time to do that...but what we could do is start specifying a new chapter for the specification
[18:49] Juan Carlos: EJ: what you mention is a new type of approach
[18:49] Juan Carlos: EJ: maybe you could try to create a high level structure of the chapter for specifying the protocol mechanisms?
[18:50] Juan Carlos: DH: good. The technical question is already answered...as for the editorial approach, if it is a chapter of the already existing document, this should be docbook?
[18:50] Juan Carlos: EJ: indeed I started to make XML documents, and I guess that we should keep this format... I could work with you
[18:50] Juan Carlos: DH: any tool or advice would be appreciated
[18:51] Juan Carlos: EJ: I can send an email with this information to the group
[18:51] Juan Carlos: EH: I can be of help on this
[18:51] Stefan Hagen: SH offers transcoding help
[18:51] Juan Carlos: 7.2 Profile for Comprehensive Multi-Signature Verification Reports
[18:51] Juan Carlos: Nothing new
[18:52] Juan Carlos: JC: is there any work in FutureTrust around this verification report?
[18:52] Juan Carlos: DH: the plans are to use a version of the updated-core and any updated version of verification report
[18:53] Juan Carlos: AK: I have sent messages on some few bugs and some mechanisms
[18:53] Juan Carlos: AK: I found some minor issues on the verification report
[18:54] Juan Carlos: JC: I would also like to contribute
[18:55] Juan Carlos: DH: we should also think whether the entire validation report could be streamlined....
[18:55] Juan Carlos: DH: maybe we should probably discuss other issues that should be integrated that might make it easier to implement
[18:57] Juan Carlos: DH: we should take the effort to update the bugs and to provide a working draft where we raise some issues that we could discuss with ETSI and decide how to proceed.
[19:00] Juan Carlos: 7.3 Core

7.3.1 Open Action Items from Previous Call(s)

7.3.2 Core Issues in state New or Open (added since last meeting)
Ordered by filter("project = DSSX AND created >= -2w ORDER BY created DESC"):
URL=https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/DSSX-9?jql=project%20%3D%20DSSX%20AND%20created%20%3E%3D%20-2w%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC

7.3.2.1 DSSX-10 - Difference between PDF and XSD with respect to cardinality of ChainingOK within CertificateValidityType
URL=https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/DSSX-10
[19:00] Stefan Hagen: - "Another streamlining approach to the core" started and summarized by Andreas (per email):
  - Public URL = https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201702/msg00040.html
[19:00] Stefan Hagen: Core:
[19:00] Juan Carlos: AK, Pim, DH, and JC exchanged some messages on this
[19:00] Juan Carlos: and SH
[19:01] Juan Carlos: 8. New Profile Candidates

8.1 PAdES

8.2 Server Site Profile for JEE Code Signing
[19:01] Juan Carlos: JC and SH will discuss the comments raised by JC
[19:01] Juan Carlos: 9. AOB
[19:01] Stefan Hagen: - Hint from Pim on EU Multistakeholder Platform (MSP) on ICT Standardisation
  - URL = https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/european-multi-stakeholder-platform-ict-standardisation
[19:02] Stefan Hagen: My voice line was cut =( again
[19:02] Stefan Hagen: Above just for AOB to note and start a discussion of the possibilities
[19:03] Stefan Hagen: We need our short list of using implementations
[19:06] Stefan Hagen: JCC: Will try to find the list of attendees of the signing in the cloud workshop in barcelona a while ago
[19:06] Stefan Hagen: All: agree to find disclosable usage of DSS
[19:06] Juan Carlos: 9. Next meetings

9.1 Next Meeting
Suggested is Mon, 06 Mar 2017 DSS-X Conference Call 177:
URL=https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/event.php?event_id=43692

9.2 Meetings following the Next

* Mon, 20 Mar 2017 DSS-X Conference Call 178:
URL=https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/event.php?event_id=43693

* Mon, 03 Apr 2017 DSS-X Conference Call 179:
URL=https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/event.php?event_id=43694

* Mon, 17 Apr 2017 DSS-X Conference Call 180:
URL=https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/event.php?event_id=43695
[19:07] Stefan Hagen: meeting adjourned by chair