Subject: Raw chat trace of meeting #186 on 2017-OCT-02

[18:01] Stefan Hagen: Voting Members: 2 of 5 (40%) (used for quorum calculation)
[18:01] anonymous morphed into Ernst Jan
[18:02] Stefan Hagen: Voting Members: 3 of 5 (60%) (used for quorum calculation)
[18:02] Stefan Hagen: QUorate
[18:02] Stefan Hagen: DSS-X Conference Call #186 (Conference Call)
[18:02] Stefan Hagen: 1. Welcome by the chair (Stefan Hagen)

2. Minutes taker
All write into the chat, Stefan assembles and uploads into document area.

3. Roll call
[18:03] Stefan Hagen: AK, DH, EJvN, SH
[18:03] Stefan Hagen: quorate
[18:03] Stefan Hagen: 4. Approval of the agenda
[18:04] Stefan Hagen: 5. Approval of minutes from previous calls
5.1 Minutes from call #185 on 2017-09-18:
[18:04] Stefan Hagen: Raw minutes sent around to mailing list after last meeting are approved
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: 6. Core v2.0 issues discussion
6.1 Mitigation of protocol level threats
6.1.1 Defending against "Exploiting the use of canonicalization as content extractor"
Discussion on "To embed or not to embed XML fragments"
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: SKIP as Juan Carlos is not presetn
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: 6.2 Conversion and validation tools for the DOCX, JSON, and XSD "triangle"
6.2.1 Proposal / Analysis from Andreas Kuehne
URL = https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201708/msg00102.html
[18:06] Stefan Hagen: Andreas reports on the status of the tool chain application on core and now also a first profile
[18:07] Stefan Hagen: One concern is the sheer amount of pages coming out (like write only ...)
[18:07] Stefan Hagen: But, we intend to document what is present, and that is a lot
[18:09] Stefan Hagen: Problem of length also multiplied not only by general, son and xml, but also by interlacing these
[18:15] Stefan Hagen: Stefan promises to go over the schema documentation and the script to help make the collated phrases inside the microsoft word doc more readable
[18:19] Stefan Hagen: All discuss about reference strategies for used external entities
[18:19] Stefan Hagen: Andreas: core reuses xml sig, the mixed types , etc. JSON is not clear without our guidance /mapping how to make it work
[18:20] Stefan Hagen: esp. also in the profiles
[18:21] Stefan Hagen: So in profiles we could gain some "space", when only minimally (reference) documenting core provided structures
[18:22] Stefan Hagen: Andreas and Stefan to find a way for cool i.e. working, robust, and doable (for editors) document to document linkage
[18:24] Stefan Hagen: 7. Profiles
[18:24] Stefan Hagen: EJvN asks Detlef, if section for gateway protocol for the local signature profile is still planned for future release
[18:25] Stefan Hagen: Detlef states it is still planned, but not yet in a debatable "shape" (additional set of interfaces is considered currently)
[18:29] Stefan Hagen: All discuss sequence of actions
[18:29] Stefan Hagen: Detlev suggests we discuss a first scenario overview next meeting
[18:30] Stefan Hagen: 8. Next meeting
Suggested to meet again on 2017-OCT-16 (usual bi-weekly schedule)
[18:30] Stefan Hagen: All agree
[18:31] Stefan Hagen: 9. AOB
[18:31] Stefan Hagen: EJvN asks if we use the blockchain to sign and verify
[18:31] Stefan Hagen: Stefan suggests a consensus element in DSS
[18:33] Stefan Hagen: All discuss use cases (sample timestamps natively lending to that ledger world)
[18:34] Stefan Hagen: Detlef thinks that with signatures the identity problem might be a blocker for now, but if one of the existing projects in that area succeed, we could ...
[18:34] Stefan Hagen: Andreas: we could avoid the PKI stuff
[18:36] Detlef: As far as I see it, http://sovrin.org/ is among the most promising examples of bringing identity to the blockchain.
[18:49] Stefan Hagen: Detlef asks if something additional coming out of the London ETSI meeting?
[18:49] andreas: Still here ...
[18:51] Stefan Hagen: Andreas shortly recaps very good feedback to our profile drafts and no real new results from the consortium (due to legal affairs, stated)
[18:58] Stefan Hagen: Meeting adjourned