Subject: raw chat trace of meeting #198 on 2017-NOV-13

Juan Carlos: Good afternoon....what is the url for the audio? the agenda does not include the link

Juan Carlos: and I always forget it

andreas: https://join.me/dilettant

Juan Carlos: 1. Welcome by the chair (Juan Carlos Cruellas)

2. Minutes taker
All write into the chat, Stefan assembles and uploads into document area.

3. Roll call

Juan Carlos: SH, AK, EJ, JCC

Juan Carlos: We have quorum

Juan Carlos: 4. Approval of the agenda

Juan Carlos: Agenda approved

Juan Carlos: 5. Approval of minutes from previous calls
5.1 Minutes from call #197 on 2017-10-30:
URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62026/dss-x-minutes-20171030-197.txt

Juan Carlos: minutes approved

Juan Carlos: 6. Core v2.0 issues discussion

Juan Carlos: 6.1 Mitigation of protocol level threats
6.1.1 Defending against "Exploiting the use of canonicalization as content extractor"
Discussion on "To embed or not to embed XML fragments"

Juan Carlos: This issue was already agreed at the last call. No need to have this topic in the agendas of future meetings

Juan Carlos: AK created a number of issues.

Juan Carlos: Issue 1: he corresponding VerifyManifestResults does exist in the schema! Maybe the VerifyManifest element was intended to be a marker tag. Such elements are not required to appear in a schema.

My proposal is to include it as a boolean flag in the OptionInputVerify element for version 2.0.

Juan Carlos: JC: is this a new element?

Juan Carlos: AK: an element. I propose that it is an element with a boolean value. This makes the element more compatible with JSON and also does not present any problem with Java libraries.

Juan Carlos: this would be an element of type xs:boolean

Juan Carlos: In case of absence, that would be equivalent to have it with value "false"

Juan Carlos: Approved.

Juan Carlos: Issue#2: Optional Input <IncludeEContent>

This element is not mentioned in the core 1.0 schema. Presumably it was intended as a marker tag and therefore not included in the schema. Include it as a a boolean flag in the OptionalInputSign component for version 2.0

Juan Carlos: The proposal is to have a new optional element of xs:boolean type. Absence would be equivalent to value "false"

Juan Carlos: Approved

Juan Carlos: JC: proposes that the element identifying a list of profiles is promoted not to be part of the list of optional inputs/outputs but to be opional child of the request/response. This makes it possible that the specifications of new profiles may

Juan Carlos: specify from the semantic point of view that this element is mandatory and do not include it as child of an element called OptionalInputs/OptionalOutputs

Juan Carlos: 6.2 Conversion and validation tools for the DOCX, JSON, and XSD "triangle"
6.2.1 Proposal / Analysis from Andreas Kuehne
URL = https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-x/201708/msg00102.html

Juan Carlos: AK: working on producing a core document. I will send it as soon as I generate one

Juan Carlos: 7. Profiles

Juan Carlos: AK: in parallel I tried to take a look to the ETSI TS 119 102-2 in order to start alignment.

Juan Carlos: JC: beware: ETSI documents are copyrigthed...

Juan Carlos: 9. AOB

Juan Carlos: JC answered the message from Nick Pope introducing the editor of the ETSI TS that is going to profile requests for remote signing.

Juan Carlos: 8. Next meeting
Suggested to meet again on 2017-NOV-26 (usual bi-weekly schedule)