Subject: Re: [dss-x] Re: DSS-X 2.0 core version

Hi Stefan,

thank you for you  holiday greetings!

> THis is already looking refrehsingly different! Thank you! The sections 4 and 5 do not fully make me bristle, as most microscopic nested enumeration constructs have gone for the better.
>
> I think we sometimes should let the flow go downward, to ease display of lengthy sequences with many optional  loops, so we maximize linear flow display.
>
> Also - as to be expected from the massive translation task - there are still some references to those "as in steb b." and friends, but we will do away with those in the new year!
Yes, I do expect some glitches here as the description of the flow
details in core version 1.0 hides in many paragraphs and optional input
sections.
And maybe the document is easier to comprehend if it starts with a
coarse grained description of the overall flow. Proposals welcome!
> I hope we can split the XML and JSON snippets into their respective coherent sections.
Hmm, no problem for the generator to produce a different structure. But
I do see pros and cons regarding the component-centric approach (like it
is now) and separate semantic / syntax XML / syntax JSON sections. Let's
see what the view of the other TC members.

> The split schema is also I think of great releif for everyone!
>
> Maybe some details will have to be adjusted what will go where, but this looks like a promising cut / split.
Yes, this make sense!

My major concern with the new version isn't about our own schemes but
the referenced ones. The JSONizing does affect the referenced schemes,
too. But all possible workarounds are just trade-off between bad options
(re-writing other schemes, inconsistent programming models, minimizing
references to other schemes by blob-ization). I guess we will have some
discussions regarding the best solution. It does nor affect us that much
with the core, here it's mainly about the Transform type. But with
profiles  there will be more impact.

Happy new year,

Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97
mailto: kuehne@trustable.de

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Gartenheimstr. 39C - 30659 Hannover Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 212612

Director Andreas Kühne

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales