Subject: AW: [dss-x] self-describing DSS-X instances

Hi Andreas,

as a service may support different calls, profiles and options
it would be good to have some standardised mechanism,
which allows the server to announce its capabilities
and on the other hand the client to discover the set of supported
features.

The "canonical way of informing the client" might be different
for the different types of service technologies. Examples include
for
1) REST:
	1.1) HATEOAS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HATEOAS)
	1.2) WADL for REST-based services
	1.3) YAML-based OpenAPI (Swagger) specification
2) WSDL for SOAP-based services
3) yet another (probably XML-based) <Info> structure deposited at a well-known location.

While it might be good shift such recommendation to an annex or separate
document, we should IMHO address this somehow.

BR,
  Detlef