Subject: Roadmap for 2018

Dear members,

time flies and we should start the discussing the road map 2018 on a more detailed level, so we know how to order the "real" discussions and tasks to optimize the production of - what in the end will "be" DSS 2.0.

We are all for sure enjoying the fruitful discussions on the mailing list on how the topology of our schema architecture for version 2.0, on the use of ‘xs:any’ in the DSS 2.0, the best strategy for Mix-In of third party schema references, and on the optimal work product organization to benefit writers (us) as well as targeted readers of different camps.

So as a start I try to kick off through:

As a TC member, I want to offer a CSD01 of a select set of work products for DSS 2.0 to public review in June 2018, so that the wider audience and community of users can comment and help further fine-tune the development before the summer vacations.

As a TC member, I want to offer additional select profiles as CSD01 in October 2018 for public review, so that a broad faceted group of current DSS 1.0 and future DSS 2.0 users can clearly analyze where migration and implementation will leda them and enables us as a group to harvest the collected feedback.

As TC member, I want either CSD02 - if required - and CS01 it possible, to be available for public review and IPR safe guarded implementation in December 2018.

As a TC member, I want non-normative guidance documents covering e.g. "Best practices for migration from DSS 1.0 to DSS 2.0" or "Bridging between XML and JSON implementations of DSS 1.0 and 2.0" (and the like) to be started as soon as possible, to move non-normative advice from the core document and at the same time offer quick start help for users early on and in an easy to digest and look up format / packaging.

Good stories, missing one, to eager, to late on the calendar?

Please give feedback and let us have a short starting discussion today.

Thank you!

All the best,
Stefan.