Subject: question regarding the structure of profile documents

Hi all,

I'm just working on the Verification report profile specification to
have a version to share with STF 524. Here I came a cross a structural
question of a profile document. Especially the Verification profile has
many references to the core and other profiles (e.g. AdES profile), 38
components defined in Verification profile, 105 components referenced.
Should all these referenced elements explained within the profile
document? If yes, should the element be fully explained or just be a
reference to another document?

From an implementation point of view the 'full' version is easy to build
but it tends to be quite lengthy. On the other hand looking up
referenced elements within other documents is quite inconvenient for the
reader. See my 'full' working draft attached. Opinions welcome!

Have nice holidays,

Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97
mailto: kuehne@trustable.de

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Gartenheimstr. 39C - 30659 Hannover Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 212612

Director Andreas Kühne

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales