Subject: Raw Minutes Chat for meeting #207 on 2018-04-16

[17:59] Room information was updated by: Stefan Hagen
DSS-X Conference Call #207

Monday, 16 April 2018, 04:00pm to 05:00pm UTC

Agenda Draft:

1. Welcome by the chair (Stefan Hagen)

2. Minutes taker
All write into the chat, Stefan assembles and uploads into document area.

3. Roll call

4. Approval of the agenda

5. Approval of minutes from previous calls
5.1 Minutes from call #206 on 2018-03-19:
URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62716/chat_trace_dss_20180319_meeting-206_kavi.txt

6. Roadmap for 2018
6.1 Milestone DSS 2.0 Core/Base/MVP CSD01/CS01 stage
6.2 Milestone DSS 2.0 Popular Profiles CSD01 stage
6.3 Milestone DSS 2.0 other normative stages
6.4 Milestone DSS 2.0 supportive but supplementary non-normative materials

7. Core 2.0 issues discussion
7.1 Maintenance tasks

7.2 Topology of schemas - structure and relation

7.3 Editorial topics

7.4 Possible motion to progress core to CSD01 and request public review

8. Profiles

9. Next meeting
Suggested to meet again on 2018-APR-30  (usual bi-weekly schedule)

10. AOB

Please register yourselves at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/event.php?event_id=47153

Thanks.

[18:02] Stefan Hagen: H4Q::Voting Members: 3 of 4 (75%) (used for quorum calculation)
[18:02] Stefan Hagen: 1. Welcome by the chair (Stefan Hagen)
[18:02] Stefan Hagen: 2. Minutes taker
All write into the chat, Stefan assembles and uploads into document area.
[18:03] Stefan Hagen: 3. Roll call
[18:03] Stefan Hagen: Andreas Kuehne, Ernst Jan van Nigtevecht and Stefan Hagen - we are quorate
[18:03] Stefan Hagen: 4. Approval of the agenda
[18:03] Stefan Hagen: Agenda approved unchanged as published
[18:03] Stefan Hagen: 5. Approval of minutes from previous calls
5.1 Minutes from call #206 on 2018-03-19:
URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62716/chat_trace_dss_20180319_meeting-206_kavi.txt
[18:03] Stefan Hagen: Minutes approved unchanged as published
[18:04] Stefan Hagen: 6. Roadmap for 2018
6.1 Milestone DSS 2.0 Core/Base/MVP CSD01/CS01 stage
6.2 Milestone DSS 2.0 Popular Profiles CSD01 stage
6.3 Milestone DSS 2.0 other normative stages
6.4 Milestone DSS 2.0 supportive but supplementary non-normative materials
[18:04] Stefan Hagen: 7. Core 2.0 issues discussion
7.1 Maintenance tasks
[18:05] anonymous morphed into ernst jan
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: None
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: 7.2 Topology of schemas - structure and relation
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: Andreas received remarks from Ernst Jan and suggests we walk through them in one of the future meetings
[18:06] Stefan Hagen: Ernst Jan suggests to discuss now
[18:06] Stefan Hagen: All agree frantically
[18:06] Stefan Hagen: ;-)
[18:26] Stefan Hagen: All discuss EJvN comments.
[18:28] Stefan Hagen: All agree that in the next version we first try to continue with the easy to write interleaved approach (mixing semantics, XML and son per element) but in the end hope to have within a year to our disposal the possibility to produce different views per single source, i.e. one JSON, one XML, and one generic "view"
[18:29] Stefan Hagen: All also discussed the domain model section - which could profit from adding additional dimensions with associated third  party well accepted standard refs, so that implementers have a guiding idea, when in their syntax/format a type is not identically handled in comparison to the other format
[18:29] Stefan Hagen: 7.3 Editorial topics
[18:31] Stefan Hagen: The profile document sent by Andreas to the list for feedback on structure and presentation on processing steps?
[18:31] Stefan Hagen: Also EJvN missed in previous discussion on core the JSON signatures
[18:32] Stefan Hagen: EJvN tries to offer feedback on current (and eventually updated version by Andreas) next time
[18:33] Stefan Hagen: Ernst Jan would prefer to only refer to domain models sections inside profiles into core (instead of repeating)
[18:34] Stefan Hagen: Andreas mentions, that currently we combine the profiles by mixing in core components instead of referring (via hyperlink)
[18:35] Stefan Hagen: ... as the latter does not work with target formats like word
[18:36] Stefan Hagen: All think that a working way is better than a non working way. All hope for some multi view offering by OASIS
[18:39] Stefan Hagen: 7.4 Possible motion to progress core to CSD01 and request public review
[18:39] Stefan Hagen: Skipped
[18:39] Stefan Hagen: 8. Profiles
[18:40] Stefan Hagen: Andreas has been asked for OASIS DSS-X support for *ades signatures and if we would like to combine into one profile etc.
[18:41] Stefan Hagen: Andreas thinks it might make sense as ADES is slim, PADES is nearly TBD and to merge all into one
[18:43] Stefan Hagen: Stefan will try to contact Martin Bosslet again
[18:44] Stefan Hagen: All discuss what exactly is the rationale of a PADES profile - the conclusion is having a clean interface - EJvN suggests that MAYBE we should ask the normative source i.e. Adobe
[18:44] Stefan Hagen: Andreas might be able to provide support
[18:45] Stefan Hagen: 9. Next meeting
Suggested to meet again on 2018-APR-30  (usual bi-weekly schedule)
[18:45] Stefan Hagen: All agree
[18:46] Stefan Hagen: 10. AOB
[18:46] Andreas: Adobe contact: avalle@adobe.com (Andrea Valle)
[18:46] Stefan Hagen: Nothing