Subject: X.509 profile & SCVP

Hi colleagues,

there is the client request to support the validation of X.509
certificates by DSS-X. Technically this isn't a big deal as the
core interface will remain unchanged (treating the certificate as an
enveloped signature). The implementor's side should be an easy job, too.
As certificate validation is a major part of the signature validation. I
drafted a profile (see attached) just by using the existing elements of
the core. Comments welcome!

This result has a big overlap with the SCVP (Serverside Certificate
Validation Protocol, RFC 5055) and I don't like to reinvent existing
wheels. But with DSS-X's multi-syntax binding the X.509 profile does
offer real added value compared to ASN.1-only SCVP. So I thought about
addressing the SCVP authors and ask for their view and hopefully some
contribution. Would this make sense?

Greetings,

Andreas KÃhne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97
mailto: kuehne@trustable.de

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Gartenheimstr. 39C - 30659 Hannover Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 212612

Director Andreas KÃhne

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales