Subject: Raw Minutes Chat for meeting #217 on 2018-10-08

[17:58] Room information was updated by: Stefan Hagen
Meeting-URL: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss-x/event.php?event_id=47768
DSS-X Conference Call #217 (Conference Call)
Monday, 08 October 2018, 04:00pm to 05:00pm UTC

Agenda-Draft:
1. Welcome by the Co-Chair (Stefan Hagen)

2. Minutes taker
All write into the chat, Stefan assembles and uploads into document area.

3. Roll call

4. Approval of the agenda

5. Approval of minutes from previous calls

5.1 Minutes from call #215 on 2018-09-10:
URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/63902/chat_trace_dss-meeting-20180910-215.txt

5.2 Minutes from call #216 on 2018-09-24 (informal):
URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/63959/chat_trace_dss-meeting-20180924-216-informative.txt

6. DSS Core 2.0 Status of CSD01 in public review
Announcement and invitation for comment:
URL=https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/invitation-to-comment-on-digital-signature-service-core-protocols-elements-and-bi

6.1 Duration of comment period
The public review started August 30, 2018 at 00:00 UTC and ended September 28 at 23:59 UTC.

6.2 Public comments received so far
Note: The TC did not start work on DSS Core 2.0 before the public review had ended.
1 "comment" was already considered and its resolution is ongoing (SwaggerHub).
20 comment representing issues are accessible via above filter link for the members of the TC:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/DSSX-25?filter=14977

7. Profiles

8. Next meeting
Suggested to meet again on 2018-OCT-22  (usual bi-weekly schedule again)

9. AOB
[18:03] Stefan Hagen: Waiting for all to join another minute ...
[18:03] Andreas: Waiting for you to open the join.me meeting ...
[18:04] Stefan Hagen: It is open and Andreas Khne has been accepted early on
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: 1. All are welcome and the meeting is started
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: 2. Minutes taker
All write into the chat, Stefan assembles and uploads into document area.
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: 3. Roll call
[18:05] Stefan Hagen: Qurorum reached: AK, DH, EJvN, and SH present
[18:06] Stefan Hagen: 4. Approval of the agenda
[18:06] Stefan Hagen: Add go.eid.as to AOB (Detlef is rapporteur)
[18:06] Stefan Hagen: Agenda approved with above addition
[18:06] Stefan Hagen: 5. Approval of minutes from previous calls

5.1 Minutes from call #215 on 2018-09-10:
URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/63902/chat_trace_dss-meeting-20180910-215.txt
[18:07] Stefan Hagen: Minutes approved unchanged as published.
[18:07] Stefan Hagen: 5.2 Minutes from call #216 on 2018-09-24 (informal):
URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/63959/chat_trace_dss-meeting-20180924-216-informative.txt
[18:07] Stefan Hagen: Minutes approved unchanged as published.
[18:07] Stefan Hagen: 6. DSS Core 2.0 Status of CSD01 in public review
Announcement and invitation for comment:
URL=https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/invitation-to-comment-on-digital-signature-service-core-protocols-elements-and-bi
[18:08] Stefan Hagen: 6.1 Duration of comment period
The public review started August 30, 2018 at 00:00 UTC and ended September 28 at 23:59 UTC.
[18:08] Stefan Hagen: 6.2 Public comments received so far
Note: The TC did not start work on DSS Core 2.0 before the public review had ended.
1 "comment" was already considered and its resolution is ongoing (SwaggerHub).
20 comment representing issues are accessible via above filter link for the members of the TC:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/DSSX-25?filter=14977
[18:11] Stefan Hagen: Andreas shortly reports the SwaggerHub effort as ongoing, both OAS versions 2 and 3 caused problems upon initial upload but it seems to be solvable. Still some functionality like automatic build of client and server tools on SwaggerHub has to be tackled
[18:12] Stefan Hagen: Next week SwaggerHub will present the new OAS3.0 implementation. Andreas is invited and will post the invitation to anyone interested here in the TC
[18:13] Stefan Hagen: The handling of MS Word vs. Markdown generation in our filter pipeline (schema files + Prose input file => specification candidate) is also ongoing and progress already achieved
[18:17] Andreas: OAS 3.0 webinar: https://smartbear.com/resources/webinars/adopting-a-design-first-approach-oas-3/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=shub&utm_campaign=oas3-webinar
[18:19] Stefan Hagen: Stefan sent mail with wrk in progress markdown formatted preamble of Core next cycle to mailing list, with the intent:
[18:20] Stefan Hagen: 1) show how many variations sneaked under the radar of Stefan and Paul in postprocessing of word document for CSD01
[18:21] Stefan Hagen: 2) Prepare the parallel tackling of TAB issues w.r.t. RFC references - semantics of obsoletion
[18:21] Stefan Hagen: From 2) two cases remain: a) one to one superseding; we have to ensure, the new works like the old one
[18:22] Stefan Hagen: b) 1 to many (split) during absolution, we should select which of the new segregated standards are to be referred and where
[18:22] Stefan Hagen: Call to arms
[18:23] Stefan Hagen: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list.html is the nicely curated list of OASIS
[18:23] Stefan Hagen: Question was from Andreas, if there is a service offered to always find the relevant current version per topic
[18:24] Stefan Hagen: Stefan suggests it is bottom up so to say, you find one, than travel along the obsoleted  by entry
[18:26] Stefan Hagen: Stefan still has to clone DSSX-44 again to a new one (with current content) and restore the original ETS comment proxy (action on Stefan before next meeting)
[18:29] Stefan Hagen: All discuss timeline
[18:32] Stefan Hagen: Stefan does not yet know (too many open ends) but still believes next CSD02 and CSPRD02 will be before end of year
[18:32] Stefan Hagen: Andreas would like to have it in November
[18:33] Stefan Hagen: Detlef wants to know what is to be done to enable a next version
[18:33] Stefan Hagen: Stefan: Tackle the comments.
[18:34] Stefan Hagen: 7. Profiles
[18:34] Stefan Hagen: Nothing new from Detelf
[18:34] Stefan Hagen: 9. AOB
[18:35] Andreas: I dropped from the call ...
[18:35] Stefan Hagen: Detlef shortly introduces the initiative from the European Commission https://go.eid.as (already has some partners) and tweets etc.
[18:36] Stefan Hagen: Detlef hopes to in the near future also have OASIS on board as go.eid.as partner listed
[18:36] Stefan Hagen: 8. Next meeting
Suggested to meet again on 2018-OCT-22  (usual bi-weekly schedule again)
[18:36] Stefan Hagen: All agree
[18:37] Stefan Hagen: EJvN: Should not ETSI be part of this also?
[18:37] Stefan Hagen: Detlef all are welcome of course
[18:39] Stefan Hagen: Scope of partners: Kantara is world wide operating (from about us of their website linked via the go.eid.as partner page):
[18:39] Stefan Hagen: """As a global brand, Kantara Initiative Inc is an ethics based, mission-led 501 (c)(6) US non profit based organization passionate about giving control of data back to people. Kantara Initiative, Inc. provides real-world innovation and development of specifications and conformity assessment programs for the digital identity and personal data ecosystems. Beyond its flagship eID-assisting Identity Assurance Trust Framework, developing initiatives including Identity Relationship Management, ground-breaking User Managed Access (EIC Award Winner for Innovation in Information Security 2014) baselined for GDPR, Identities of Things, and the GDPR-ready Consent Receipt specification, Kantara Initiative connects a global, open, and transparent leadership community, including CA Technologies, Experian, ForgeRock, Digi.me, Internet Society, Nomura Research Institute and SecureKey."""
[18:40] Stefan Hagen: All discuss about Europe, Non-Europe and other aspects (off tech ...)
[18:40] Stefan Hagen: Back to 6.2 Public comments received so far
[18:40] Stefan Hagen: Still twenty minutes on the clock
[18:41] Stefan Hagen: Andreas reports on the set of ETSI comments received.
[18:42] Stefan Hagen: Some issues noted slipped "our" tests, thus we will have to extend the tests (not happy  and all are doable and relevant - nothing earth shaking though
[18:45] Stefan Hagen: Andreas client new requirement initiating async call, can now only say I can support, and only if the server wants to, the client really receives async, but the client can already send async even in initial request (ETSI named use case server to server (where one server acts as client))
[18:46] Stefan Hagen: All discuss
[18:53] Stefan Hagen: Andreas, and all others can work on JIRA issues and the changes in those issue, lead to notification mails to the list, thus all are in the loop
[18:55] Stefan Hagen: EJvN: Time schedule of our meetings: Could we shift this earlier in the day?
[18:55] Stefan Hagen: Stefan would support 17 CEST
[18:56] Stefan Hagen: All agree to in future and in general this is ok
[18:56] Stefan Hagen: Detlef suggests to one last time October 22 have is as meeting dinner
[18:57] Stefan Hagen: Detlef cannot join on the 22nd
[18:58] Stefan Hagen: So we can start with 17:00 alreadyy on 22nd and Detlef will provide input (feedback) upfront via the mailing list or JIRA discussins
[18:58] Stefan Hagen: All agree
[18:59] Stefan Hagen: Meeting adjourned