Subject: AW: WG: [dss-x] SignaturePtr problems ...

Hi,

"WhichData" would be fine with me. Should it be an xs:anyURI (which makes it more powerful)
or should we stick for some reason with xs:IDREF?

BR,
 dh

-----UrsprÃngliche Nachricht-----
Von: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org <dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org> Im Auftrag von Andreas Kuehne
Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Januar 2019 11:42
An: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org
Betreff: Re: WG: [dss-x] SignaturePtr problems ...

Hi Detlef,

> isn't the technical prerequisite that the object (document or signature)
>
> to which the WhichDocument attribute points to has an xs:ID?
>

> As far as I see it, both structures (InputDocuments/Document and SignatureObject/Base64Signature)
>
> are in the end derived from dsb:Base64DataType, which may have this xs:ID such that
>
> some WhichDocument-attribute (either being xs:IDREF or xs:anyURI) can point to it.

currently WhichDocument refers to a DocumentBaseType, what in this case
could be a Document or TransformedDocument (or DocumentHash, not
relevant here). As the attributes name suggests a 'Base64Data' structure
would not be expected here. So I would propose to change the name to
'WhichData'.

Despite the nuisance of name change the relationship to Base64Data makes
more sense (one mismatch is addressed by ticket DSSX-50). E.g. the
WhichDocument attribute is used in SignaturePlacement, but a placement
within a DocumentHash doesn't make any sense.

So let's go with changing 'WhichDocument' to 'WhichData' and the
alignement of SignatureObject (see below) and our spec is a little bit
better, again!

Greetings,

Andreas

--
Andreas KÃhne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Gartenheimstr. 39C - 30659 Hannover Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 212612

Director Andreas KÃhne

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales