Subject: Re: [dss-x] Promotion of DSS-X core 2.0 to CS

Hi Detlef,

yes, I agree that a promotion of the current draft to CS makes sense. My current list of minors are

- move of paragraph 'Multi-Signature Creation' from section 'Verification' up to 'Signing'
- minor fix in 6.2.2 '[...] the server returns one of the first _three_ ResultMinor[...]' to '[...] the server returns one of the first _two_ ResultMinor[...]'
- 6.2.2: fix of wrong reference to the component of 'Result'

@all: Please post other findings!

If we agree upon this way forward on Monday's call (and Chet does not reject our view of 'minor changes') I'll setup a ballot for the migration to CS.

Proposal of a version DSS-X core 2.1:
As I already mentioned the use of RFC 2119 wording in the core is not consistent and hampers the demarcation of assertions. Fixing this would require a manageable effort ut would introduce a big number of editorial changes to the document.
But working with Burcin's testing documents I noticed that the error handling seems to be a bit underspecified. There is a list of ResultMinors (Chapter 9.2) provided but the conditions when to return which ResultMinor is lacking. E.g. the value of 'IncorrectSignature' is never referenced or explained anywhere else. Therefore I would propose to assemble the details we learn working with the test infrastructure and reflect it in a version 2.1 of the core.

Greetings,

Andreas