Subject: Re: [dss-x] Minor design issue with the core

I will not veto it :-)

Regards

Ernst Jan

Andreas Kuehne wrote:
Hi Detlef,

I consider this as an egde case of a 'non-material change' with a slight
preference for proceeding without another public review.
If Ernst Jan does not veto strongly I would produce a CS package without
the cyclic reference.

Greetings,

Andreas
Hi,

I would consider this to be a minor issue.

BR,
 dh

-----UrsprÃngliche Nachricht-----
Von: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org <dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org> Im Auftrag von Andreas Kuehne
Gesendet: Montag, 13. Mai 2019 13:23
An: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org
Betreff: Re: [dss-x] Minor design issue with the core

Hi Ernst Jan,

We should avoid cyclic dependencies, so indeed I would expect a new
schema file that contains the 'basic' (low level) specs. From a
practical point of view the introduction of a schema with one item is
ok, but from a more general point of view maybe the core has to
divided into more basic types and more complex types. But I don't know
if that can be treated as a minor change...
I agree that from a developer point of view this isn't a big. But adding another schema file could be considered 'significant' ... let's see what Detlef thinks about this.

Greetings,

Ernst Jan

Andreas Kuehne wrote:
HI all,

while assembling the package for the core I noticed that we got a
cyclic dependency between the base schema and the rewritten XMLDSig schema.
This is usually considered as ugly. The single structure that is
required by XMLDSig is the NsPrefixMappingType of the base package.
To resolve the cycle we could introduce a new schema file that
contains only this element.

What's your view on this? Introduce and explain an additional schema
or just go on as is?

Greetings,

Andreas KÃhne

Chair of OASIS DSS-X

phone: +49 177 293 24 97
mailto: kuehne@trustable.de

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Gartenheimstr. 39C - 30659 Hannover Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 212612

Director Andreas KÃhne

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales